Business Advisory Solutions Group (BASG) is interviewing candidates for a Senior IT Project Management staff position. This is a hybrid of in-office and remote work; candidates must live in or be willing to relocate to eastern North Carolina
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ full time hands-on experience in the role of IT project manager with accountability for end-to-end delivery of progressively larger and complex global application development and COTS implementations. Work experience MUST include end-to-end management from strategy to final sign off!!
Reporting to the Project Management Office, the Senior IT Project Manager will lead and direct high-priority projects and teams, which often require considerable resources, technical domain expertise, and broad functional integration with a high degree of visibility from executive management.
PLEASE NOTE: BASG cannot work through any agencies to fill these positions. Please do not respond if you represent an agency or work through an agency. Also, BASG cannot work with offshore resources or respond to requests for Visa transfers.
- Project manage IT enterprise-class application development and/or COTS implementation projects up to: $10M CapEx, 45 FTE, 5 global geographies, multiple vendors with aggressive timelines
- Deliver 100% of project scope to quality standards within agreed upon schedule and budget
- Create, maintain, and manage detailed Microsoft Project Plans; clearly articulating work breakdown structures of deliverables by phase, activity, and task; with role assignments and estimates to complete on each task
- Create and maintain project accounting records to accurately reflect expenditure type and class; project spend-to-date, estimates to complete and estimates at complete; analyzing with explanation any variance
- Partner with resource managers and functional owners to identify all resources required to execute your plan, negotiate, and place resource requests and manage the resource plan
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs using integrated change control and appropriate verification techniques
- Set and manage expectations of stakeholders and team members in accordance with your project plan, aligning to a common understanding by all
- Record detailed business outcomes, constraints, and assumptions in order to establish project objectives, deliverables, and the project charter
- Conduct kick-off meetings with all key stakeholders to announce the start of a project, review the overall project plan and gain consensus
- Monitor, control, and report on project performance metrics; measuring progress of the project, identifying and quantifying any variances to plan, and communicate corrective actions to appropriate stakeholders
- Develop and implement the project communication plans to address the needs of all functional roles within your project organization
- Identify and document project risks, assumptions and constraints on a frequent basis using historical data, expert judgment (yours, as well as others’) and other methods to understand project limitations and mitigation tactics
- Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk
- Build mutual trust and encourage respect and cooperation among your team members
- Continuously improve your teams’ performance through leading by example, mentoring, training, and motivating
- Openly embrace diversity and treat people with respect
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- PMP Certification a plus
- Experience with end-to-end management of projects from earliest strategy to sign off is required!!
- Lengthy experience with application and COTS implementations is required!!
- Additional Information Technology certifications and affiliations a plus
Business Advisory Solutions Group (BASG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. BASG does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.